IRA Charitable Rollover
Are you 70½ or older and interested in simplifying your giving? Would you like to make a donation to the Catholic Community Foundation through your IRA when it is most convenient for you?
Satisfy all or a part of your required minimum distribution and help to sustain the work of the Catholic Community Foundation, all while minimizing or negating taxes on your qualified accounts with a Qualified Charitable Distribution.
A Qualified Charitable Distribution:
- Makes the most of your charitable gifts by rolling the funds straight to the charity of your choice without being taxed.
- Lowers your overall tax liability by lowering (or eliminating) the taxable amount of your IRA distribution.
- Can be made to multiple charities up to $100,000 per person.
- Can be directed to any 501(c)3 organization, including the Catholic Community Foundation.
- Helps make an impact on causes that are important to you.
- Allows you to build a significant gift over time.
- Quickly and easily supports multiple charities.
What can I support?
- Your parish endowment – provide perpetual support for your local parish.
- Sanctity of Life Fund – Promoting and protecting life from conception to natural death.
- Mercy Fund – Promoting works of mercy in the Diocese of Phoenix
- Need-based Catholic Education Scholarships and Tuition Assistance.
- Vocations to the Priesthood and Religious Life
- And many more!
Help ensure the continuation of the Catholic programs and causes that are important to you by rolling your Qualified Charitable Distribution to the Foundation in three easy steps:
- Determine the amount and what you’d like to support.
- Contact your IRA plan administrator.
- Complete the QCD form provided by your plan administrator.
If you want to learn more about how the Foundation can help with Qualified Charitable Gifts, or other ways to maximize your charitable giving this year, contact our gift planning team at 480.651.8800.
The Catholic Community Foundation’s Tax ID Number is 86-0465177.